You may already be very familiar with casement windows, but what about French style casement windows?
French casement windows are made up of two windows that push out beyond the envelope of your home. Typically, they don’t have a vertical post in the middle and will open out from the centre. Unlike a traditional casement window, this allows for an unobstructed view when the windows are open.
Not all windows of this type are the same, but the most common is the push out French style casement window. Inswing French casement windows are also available.
When Should You Use French-Style Casement Windows?
French style casement windows are excellent when installing a window in a large, open space such as your kitchen or bedroom. They’re not so suited to hallways, stairwells, or toilets.
As they open fully, they can let in plenty of light and air. If you have a room that enjoys a fantastic view, when opened a French window will allow you to enjoy it without obstruction.
What Are the Features & Benefits of French Casement Windows?
So, why should you opt for a French casement window? The choice is completely yours but let’s lay out some of the benefits so you can decide whether French casement windows are the right choice for you.
- Ventilation – French windows open out to 90 degrees plus and allow for rapid air flow into the room. You also have the choice of opening just one side if you need some ventilation, but don’t want to open the windows the whole way.
- Security – French window security is typically of a very high standard. They come with locks that are highly secure so you don’t have to sacrifice on safety. They also open so wide that they can also double up as a fire escape if needed.
- Views – As mentioned previously, French windows give offer unobstructed views of the great outdoors.
- Low Maintenance – French windows, especially uPVC ones, are extremely low-maintenance. A quick wipe every now and then will keep them clean, and they don’t need to be treated regularly like wood.
- Efficiency – French windows offer better energy efficiency than double hung windows, whilst simultaneously providing more ventilation.
- Variety – With French style casement windows, there’s plenty of opportunities for customisation and personalisation. This makes them particularly appealing to our design-minded customers.
Shop our website for a wide and varied selection of Jeld Wen windows. With 40 year rot and fungal guarantees on timber windows, low prices, and free delivery to anywhere in mainland UK, you can save money when you buy online today at Windows & More.