Spiral Balance Sash Windows
Spiral balance sash windows combine modern functionality with classic style. Using a modern spring opening mechanism, they are a versatile and cost effective sash window choice.
Spiral Balance Sash Windows
Spiral balance sash windows have the same traditional sash window aesthetic but with a more modern mechanism. Where a traditional box sash uses cords and pulleys, spiral balance sash windows use springs. This is why they are also known as spring balance sash windows. The spring mechanism is robust, and isn’t subject to issues like fraying cords or fallen weights.
The modern spring balance mechanism doesn’t require the same thick, heavy frames as a box sash window meaning you get more glass and greater exterior views. What’s more, the slimmer frame makes spiral balance windows easier to install and cheaper. Our spring balance sash windows retain the stunning characteristics of traditional sash windows but with much more flexibility.
Modern Sash Windows
Our spiral balance windows are still made out of wood to give them the authentic timber sash window appearance. The wood frame also offers good thermal efficiency, especially when combined with modern glazing. We offer the choice of triple or double glazed wooden sash windows, both of which will ensure an energy efficient window. Our windows also meet all necessary British Standards, Secured by Design standards, and come with good guarantees.
We have a range of timbers available, including hardwood and engineered softwood. You can also choose from a variety of glazing styles. For a contemporary look to your modern sash windows, you may choose a no bar design or a 2 over 2 design. If you want to combine the functionality of a modern sash window with the aesthetics of a traditional one, we can offer styles such as 6 over 6 designs.
If you are looking for modern sash windows that don’t compromise on aesthetics, our range of spiral balance sash windows are the perfect choice. Browse our gallery or get in touch with any enquiries.
Free Delivery to the UK Mainland!
Our windows are made-to-measure and designed to fit your home. When you get in touch we’ll discuss how we can help meet your needs. Enquire about spiral sash windows online today!
View Our Gallery
Why Choose Spiral Balance Sash Windows?
A spiral balance sash window is easier to install than a box sash window and cheaper too.
Classic style for your home. Really timeless design with an everlasting appeal make these a winner.
Modern Thermal Performance
Low U-values and modern performance give these classic windows an edge.
- Materials: solid European oak, sapele & meranti dark red hardwoods, treated & engineered finger-jointed pine softwood
- Bar designs: Non-Bar, Victorian Bar, All Bar, Marginal Bar, Vertical Bar, Marginal Bar, Vertical Bar, Semi-Circular Feature Windows
- Colours: hi-build white as standard, but all RAL colours available (extra cost)
- Hardware options: polished, satin chrome, black, brass, white
- Security options: Part Q and Secured by Design available
- Ventilation: trickle vents included for Part F or omitted
- Window size range: we can create bespoke windows for effectively any dimensions required
- U values: 1.1 Triple Glazed / 1.4 Double Glazed
- Window energy rating: B rating as standard, can achieve A+ with triple glazing
- Glazing options: double & triple glazing available
- Acoustic performance: 36dB
- Air permeability class: class 2
- Frame thickness range: 140mm to 148mm
- Sill size range: 140 to 240mm
- Achieves BS6375 Part 1 2004 windows and doors performance & BS6375 Part 2 1987 operation and strength performance
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the windows above. We’d be more than happy to help you through any of your queries!
CALL US TODAY ON:
01205 363 999